Gift Card Information
- Gift card is a plastic card that replaces the traditional paper based Uchumi Gift Voucher. The person to whom is given can reload the card for their own use or pass it to another person as a gift.
- Gift card is issued for free however; the customer is expected to purchase goods worth Kshs. 1000 during initial acquisition process.
- A Gift card maybe acquired at any customer service desk in any Uchumi stores within Kenya or other partners that may be determined by Uchumi.
- Gift card is not a credit card.
- A gift card payment at the point of sale is eligible to earn U-card loyalty points like any other form of payment however, the amount spent in reloading (top-up) shall not earn points.
- Uchumi shall replace lost Gift card at a cost of Kshs. 100/- though, worn out cards shall be replaced at no cost.
- A customer may opt to secure the card through use of a pin during the acquisition process, which shall be keyed in at point of sale when transacting.