Uchumi engages suppliers on merit of their products meeting listing requirements and the needs of our customers and also on suppliers’ ability to meet the listing requirements.
- Business Permit/License.
- Certificate of Incorporation/Company Registration.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) certificate.
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Certificate.
- Tanzania Foods and Drugs Authority (TFDA) Certificate for –Foods and cosmetics.
- Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS).
- Price list of the items.
- Samples of the items.
After that, a supplier is issued with Supplier Profile and Trading Terms upon agreeing on terms of trade.
Then as a buying team , we go through the samples and decide on what is the best for our shop/customers at large.
On return of the supplier Profile, the creation of the new supplier kicks off in our system by the Finance Department.
After being created in our system, listing of his/her approved items takes places by the Buying Department.
Then first order is pressed by the Buying Department to the new listed supplier and the follow up is done buyer until the items are delivered.